Megger BM5200 is a battery powered insulation tester with digital and analogue arc display, designed for high voltage insulation resistance testing in the maintenance and servicing of cables, rotating plant machinery, transformers, switchgear and industrial applications.
DC insulation tests are peformed at 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V, 5000 V. Insulation resistance measuring range is 100 k Ω to 1000 G Ω. Automatic discharge for capacitive circuits under test is provided and decaying voltage displayed.
The guard terminal can be used to minimise the effects of surface leakage and hence erroneous measurements when carrying out insulation resistance tests.
- Applied test voltage measurement display
- 1 T Ω, 1.4 Ma, 5 kV digital insulation tester with digital and analogue display
- Five test ranges; 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V, 2500 V and 5000 V
- Insulation (InS), Polarisation Index (PI) and variable timed test (t) modes
- Selectable DC or AC (including frequency) voltmeter functions
- Guard terminal to shunt surface leakage currents
- New section “Prevention of HAZARD from arc flash and short-circuits” added
- Safety rated at CATIII 600V