Locating specific pipes, cables and utility RF markers in large underground networks is very complex. Ground distortion effects, caused by differing soil types and proximity to other conductors, make the user’s job more difficult and time-consuming. The most important requirements for a locator under these circumstances are ease of use, accuracy and reliability. Radiodetection’s RD7000+ Utility Locator range addresses these needs with many features that deliver accurate, reliable and repeatable performance. The new RD7000+ marker locators – denoted ‘M’ add RF marker locating to the range, with automatic marker depth estimation and Bluetooth® connectivity as standard.
- Light weight – at only 4.2lbs / 1.9kg or 5lbs / 2.3Kg, for marker models the RD7000+ range is comfortable to use for extended periods.
- IP54 protection rating – can operate in almost any environment
- High contrast backlit LCD screens on both transmitter and locator allow use in any light conditions.
- Radiodetection’s unique automatic marker depth estimation provides measurements when the locator is in close proximity of the marker, without requiring a manual two-step ‘lift up’ process thus providing more accurate results.
- Combined mode allows users to simultaneously scan for cable, pipes and RF markers reducing survey time.
- RD7000+ marker locator models detect all commonly used RF utilities markers enabling use across multiple industries